Sunday, July 4, 2010

The secret to great Iced Coffee



I have 3 very simple rules with it comes to iced coffee.
  1. Start with a strong brew. (I prefer Stumptown or Intelligentsia)
  2. Cool the coffee first.
  3. My favorite rule: use coffee ice cubes instead of regular ones. Using regular ones dilutes the coffee, giving it a watered down taste.

Iced Coffee
1-2 cups coffee for the ice cubes
1 glass full of cooled coffee
milk to taste
sugar to taste
3-4 coffee cubes

Directions
  1. Pour 1-2 cups of coffee into a ice cub tray, freeze overnight.
  2. Cool coffee in fridge. Add milk and sugar to taste.
  3. Add 3-4 cubes, enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. how do you brew your coffee

    my guess is it's not turkish brewed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment! I love your blog as well
    ESPECIALLY this iced coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! I can't believe I didn't think of coffee ice cubes sooner, they're soooo awesome lol.
    so you go to the CIA right? I'm thinkin about applying there next year, is it as great as I keep hearing it is?

    ReplyDelete