Saturday, February 6, 2010

First Ever Peter's Eats Night

I had some of my loyalist fans over for the first ever Peter’s Eats night. I prepared an extravagant four-course meal of some of my favorite dishes for them. We’ve been planning this for quite some time, and I’ve personally been looking forward to putting my culinary skills to the test. Due to the success of tonight, I’ll definitely be doing this again, I already have a menu in my head for another one.

Here was the menu for the first Peter’s Eats night,

First Ever Peter’s Eats Night

1st course

Ricotta cheese Gnudi with crispy bacon and arugula

2nd course

Seared Scallops with Sriracha white wine cream sauce

Main course

Pan-fried panko crusted chicken breast with hoisin vinaigrette over sweet corn and swiss chard

Dessert

Mexican hot chocolate with French style salted caramel macarons

First course were the Gnudis, one of my favorite dishes. I first had them at the Spotted Pig and fell in love with them. They tasted as good as I’ve ever made them; creamy, salty, buttery and those bacon bits add a nice textural contrast.

Next were the scallops, they were seared till they were golden brown and had a nice crust. The fishy scallops paired well with the white-wine cream sauce.

The main course was the panko-crusted chicken breast over sweet corn and swiss chard with a hoisin vinaigrette. The crunchy panko sealed in the juicy chicken and the sweet corn worked well with the bitter chard and the salty vinaigrette.

For the dessert, the Mexican hot chocolate was thick and luscious (not your usual hot chocolate). I did two different macarons, a chocolate macaron and a salted caramel one. Also, my mom made some brownies last minute because the macarons were kind of small.


Special thanks to my brother Alex Kayaian! He designed the menus and helped out with the cleaning up, cooking and serving the food.

5 comments:

  1. I wish you would invite me to your next pete's eats night. I don't have any legs and i can't cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is pretty legit. care to invite a neighbor for the next one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's a long list unfortunately, so it could be a while lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. :(

    btw this whole thing is pretty legit. you gonna go to a culinary school?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea, well thats the plan if everything works out, i need to get a restaurant job first though

    ReplyDelete