Saturday, April 17, 2010

Peter's Eats Night 4/Vegetarian Night 1

Due to the overwhelming success of Peter's Eats Nights, I decided to have another one. I wanted to challenge myself this time by having some options for my diners. I've promised my vegetarian friends that I'd invite them to the next Peter's Eats night, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to have a vegetarian option for my guest. I'm not gonna lie, I don't really cook vegetarian food that often, but after tonight, I realized how tasty vegetarian food can be, and so did all the people that went to Peter's Eats Night 4.

Here is a copy of the menu, designed by my photoshop wiz brother.

Corn-red pepper fritters, sriracha mayo

Potato pave with fresh lime shrimp or grilled asparagus

Cheese Ravioli with sage, pine nut brown butter

Milk and cookies-momofuku compost cookie, toasted marshmallow milkshake


The first course was a dish that my mom made a while ago that I really loved. I recreated it pretty well, and the addition of the Sriracha mayo brought the dish together.

Next was the potato pave, which is a Thomas Keller recipe. It was the highlight of the meal, everyone wanted seconds of it.

The main course was cheese ravioli from the famed Raffetto's in Manhattan. I did a browned butter sauce with sage, pine nuts and parmesan. Unfortunately there were none leftover for me haha.

For dessert, I did my take on traditional "Milk and Cookies". I made a compost cookie from my favorite restaurant, Momofuku and a toasted marshmallow milkshake. It was a great way to end the meal for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment