Saturday, March 20, 2010

Peter's Eats Night 3/Day 1


Due to one guests unavailability during the night, I had the first "day" Peter's Eats night dinner. It didn't matter that it was the middle of the day, it was still great. My friends surprised me by showing up with "Peter's Eats Night 3" t-shirts with a giant picture of me on it in my chefs jacket; it was quite comical to say the least.
I tried a few new foods for this night, as some old favorites like pork buns and my crepe cake. I did a ceviche for the first time, and i'll definitely be making it again. It's just a fresh, light meal, and there are so many possibilities. I also made a bolognese for the first time from a Mario Batali recipe, and ironically made it in a Mario Batali pot.

Here is a copy of the Menu, designed by my computer-genuis brother Alex,

Peter’s Eats Night 3

Course 1: Momofuku-style pork belly buns

Course 2: shrimp and bay scallop ceviche, chive oil

Course 3: Pappardelle with fiery bolognese, grilled sausage

Course 4: Gâteau de Crêpes filled with dulce del leche and whipped cream


The first course were the famed Momofuku pork buns, I knew I had to make these up to par because one of my guests sister used to work there, so there was no room for error.


The next course was used as a sort of palate cleanser, it was a fresh seafood ceviche. Bright with colors and taste, it lightened the meal up.

The main course was a Papardelle Bolognese. Fresh pasta in a homemade bolognese sauce.... doesn't get much better then that. Oh wait, it does, I topped it with grilled sausage.


(Photo credit to Lara)

To end the meal, I served a Crepe cake or a Gâteau de Crêpes if you wanna get fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment