Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My version of Milano's: lime melt away cookies filled with luscious chocolate ganache



It's my friends birthday tomorrow, and like all other friends have asked for; she wanted me to cook her something awesome for her. Being the "nice and generous" person that I am, I made a special treat that i've been meaning to make from a while, but haven't had the time. This is my take on the traditional Milano, which is a thin cookie with dark chocolate filling. They are undeniably addictive. I've changed it up a little bit, I made a Lime melt away cookie, which adds nice texture and citrus from the lime zest. I filled it with a rich chocolate ganache.

I had some leftover dough so I went a little all out and piped her name out with the dough, it was way to delicate though, and broke up on me :(.


Lime melt away Cookies filled with luscious Chocolate ganache

1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Zest of 2 limes, finely-grated
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Procedure

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.

2. Line two baking sheets with parchment.

3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, powered sugar, lime zest and vanilla extract, on medium-high speed, for five minutes.

4. Reduce the speed of the mixer, and slowly add the flour and salt. Return the mixer speed back to medium-high and continue to cream the mixture for another five minutes.

5. Transfer the dough to a pastry bag fitted with a piping tip of your choice.

6. Pipe the dough into 1 1/2" rounds (or any other shape you might prefer), about a 1/2" apart.

7. Bake until edges are light golden and cookie dough is dry to the touch—approximately 10 to 15 minutes.

8. Let cool to room temperature on the sheet trays used for baking. Once cool, gently transfer to a serving dish or store in an airtight container for a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment