Friday, January 29, 2010

Being a chef...


http://ouichefcook.com/?p=5577

This is a really honest perspective on being a chef, giving the pros and cons of this very rewarding profession. While you've got to work nights and weekends and most holidays, you get to do what you love and have a passion for.

This article really helped me cement my reasoning for hoping to become a chef. While I know none of this can happen until I get a job in the food industry, it helps to know what i'm getting into.

There is one thing I know I don't wanna do in life, and thats working in a tiny cubicle in a 9-5 office job. It'd drive me crazy, doing the same thing over and over, and thats why I love to cook so much, you never have to do the same thing, it lets you take hold of your creative and make endless possibilities.

I love the little details of cooking too. I enjoy getting that perfect chop on an onion, that hard to reach medium rare of a cut of meat, the golden brown crust on a baked good. These are the things I enjoy and hope to enjoy further in my culinary career.

No comments:

Post a Comment