Saturday, June 12, 2010

Peter's Eats Night 5

Tonight was the pre-finals feast for Peter's Eats fans. Man, was it a feast for sure. The main course being the vaunted Momofuku inspired Bo Ssam; a 8 pound, fat laced pork butt roasted for hours. I made 3 sauces to go with the Ssam and the lettuce cups. The first was a Sriracha-mayo, a ginger-scallion sauce and Hoisin sauce. The sweet and salty pork went well with each of the sauces in their own way which I liked, and I wanted everyone to have options.The other three dishes were hits too! I started off with a dish I call "three degrees of pepper" with a cream cheese stuffed jalapeno, wrapped in bacon, a pink peppercorn gougere and an arugula salad. The second course was old-bay shrimp over Thomas Keller creamed corn, it was very well recieved.The Final course; Momofuku's heralded Crack Pie which my friend Lauren has been begging me to make for weeks. It did not disappoint. One of my guest even asked for the recipe.
I can honestly say the food for Peter's Eats 5 was some of the best I've made collectively for Peter's Eats.

Here is a copy of the menu my brother designed:


The first course: "Three Degrees of Pepper" with a cream cheese stuffed jalapeno, wrapped in bacon, a pink peppercorn gougere and an arugula salad.

The second course: Old-Bay shrimp over Thomas Keller creamed corn.
The third course: Bo Ssam: Whole roasted pork butt, lettuce cups, Sriracha mayo, Hoisin, Ginger Scallion sauce.
The final course: Momofuku Crack Pie with a cinnamon semi-freddo I whipped up.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that crack pie was AMAZING!!!
    IDK what you put in it, but it was legittttt
    You're the best cook ever peter

    ReplyDelete